Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yamaha now has a 4 cylinder 4 stroke bike engine in a sled.  Sounds like a cat killer to me. Good by 900cc twin.  check it out Yamaha-motors.com  

·
Registered
185 Posts
All I can say is WOW  

I personally have been a cat man for **counts on his fingers, and has to use 3 toes** 13 years.... since I was 12... (dads first sled)..... but looking at this yamaha.... and what they've done, if I had a little bit extra cash around I would DEFINITELY grab this sled.  Not only does the styling grab you, but the sound of that motor in the video..... yowsa.... the only question I have is will the front suspension be close to Cats AWS? If so, then I'll take two please,, one blue, one silver!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yea I imagine this will be the but kicker the V-Max 4 never was uh??? I still remeber whooping it up on those with my little old 650 Wildcat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wonder what the weigt of the sled is? How much power do you think that it makes?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Alright Arctic Cat...throw my GSXR1000 motor in a sled and show Yamaha how it's done.  My bike stomps all over the R1, my 4-stroke TCat should do the same.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SteveCZ @ Jan. 16 2002, 12:49pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All I can say is WOW  

I personally have been a cat man for **counts on his fingers, and has to use 3 toes** 13 years.... since I was 12... (dads first sled)..... but looking at this yamaha.... and what they've done, if I had a little bit extra cash around I would DEFINITELY grab this sled.  Not only does the styling grab you, but the sound of that motor in the video..... yowsa.... the only question I have is will the front suspension be close to Cats AWS? If so, then I'll take two please,, one blue, one silver!!!

[/b][/quote]
You can get it  in red, black, silver, blue.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Like Scott Nadeau said don't give up quite yet . Suzuki knows more than just alittle bit about 4 stroke motors.This just raises the bar a little higher,which we will all benifit from.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ive said it before, ill say it again. if ANYONE was to lead the 4 stroke technology, it'd be yamaha.. I would drive this sled any day of the week. But i also see the other point of taking the GSXR1000 motor, drop it in a Sno-Pro type chassis, spruce it up just a little more, and Cat's back in the lead again. If th RX-1 is what the future of snowmobiling is or might be, im looking forward to it. i was skeptical of the 4 stroke revolutiion at first (i.e. cat 4 stroke, polaris frontier) but with the introduction of the RX-1, well lets just say i wouldnt be ashamed to ride one. Way to go Yamaha. (but i cant wait to see AC's answer to this one...they always have something up their sleeves.)

btw, farm316, keep your negative bull$hit to yourself. you wanna bash people, go to snowmobilenews.com. nobody wants to read that crap here.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i don't think this topic has got to the yamaha forum yet. toydoc won't believe it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I must say, the RX-1 does look pretty impresssive. I like the superbike sound too, how cool is that! Its pretty wild seeing the pipes jetting out of the rear like that also. Not too shabby I must say. But, I can't wait to see what Arctic Cat will come up? Maybe a ZRGSXR1100?.....hehe, I cant wait to see!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Answer.  Yamaha said that the RX-1 will weight as much as a SRX700 w/ electric start.

This sled looks and sounds great.   I will be snow-checking 1 this year.  Last year I said that I would not buy a 4-stroke, but after seeing what yamaha did I am getting in line.  Good job Yamaha.  

Stay on your side of the trail

1 - 13 of 13 Posts