Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy from work just told me the new yamaha bike with the same engine as the RX1 snowmobile will have fuel injection this summer.His dad owns a Yamaha dealership.Who wants to go over and tell the Yamaha site.L.O.L

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
How about you squish band...go with God...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey rocketman how'd ya move this whole post over from the ski-doo site ,have to remember this for next time , well maybe yamaha will produce fuel injection before production starts.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (squish band @ Mar. 16, 2002, 2:40pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey rocketman how'd ya move this whole post over from the ski-doo site ,have to remember this for next time , well maybe yamaha will produce fuel injection before production starts.[/b][/quote]
Just a special ability bestowed on us moderators...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Yamaha already has fuelie 140 hp RX1 watercraft too. Old News. They will sell more sleds the second year when they give sledders the fuelie to trade for. 648 pounds wet, ouch. Mountain version 660 lb. I hope people have good luck with them, it will be good for the sport.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Big deal! Fuel injection dosn't make that big a difference on a 4-stroke like it would on a 2-stroke.  2-strokes need it for spot on jetting while 4-strokes alrady have a broader band.  Fuel injection would simply clean up the emmissons a little bit more.  If you check squise band you will find out that HP numbers are about the same for both motors.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Fuel injection would make the engine smoother, more reliable, easier to start cold, give you perfect set up, Max out performance, and give you better fuel economy.  

I got a Carbed Camaro and what a pain in the A$$.  I like my trucks Fuel Injection much better.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Sounds like the mightyRX1 is getting defensive.....Maybe a little worried about you new purchase.....just a guess

·
Registered
14 Posts
I dont' think I would be worried if I was getting a RX1 this year. It's going to be endless source of power.

I will trade for my SxR700...Ha.Ha.

Nothing is going to touch it.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
So you think snowextreme.........I think my sled will touch the one that went pop at the races....Talk about good advertizing........

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Like what was discussed on the Ski-doo a couple of weeks ago, they keep adding things year by year to obsolete the previous year's models.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
The rx-1 is either gonna be a huge flop or it will be a major factor in the changes about to enter the entire sleddin industry.I personally think it will be a contributer in some of the changes we will see over the next few years.Ya gotta give yammi credit cause they definately are going for something entirely different with the rx1.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
The RX-1 is a scary deal....I will have to wait and see what happens before I spend my cash on one. I have heard so many stories about this sled that I would be worried if I snow checked one. My friend went to the show and was looking at the RX-1 and he said you were not allowed near the unit and on the  front bumper there was a sign that said not to pull or lift because it was a proto type bumper....hmmm I think they are worried about something. In all the mags that I have read they always say good things about the power and how fast it is top end but They have never said anything about hole shot or short races in the ditch.....The mags always say who has the fastest sled when they test and  rate them... always evasive answers when it comes to the RX-1.....Yamaha was never a heavy player in snowmobiling and I dont predict anything to change with the RX-1......Not in the first few years anyway. Just mt two cents

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Not a heavy player?  They were #1 in the late 70's and into the early 80's.

Here's a quote from Maximumsled:
During our limited test runs of the suspension on rough trails, we found the front to be very comfortable and controllable at any speed, while the rear soaked up the bumps in the same fashion as the SX Viper, making the RX-1 a sled that would be comfortable all day on the trails.

And American snowmobiler:

What is this sled like to ride?

Impressively different. Like we said at the beginning, this sled feels, acts, rides and handles like a snowmobile. First and foremost Yamaha has created a snowmobile. Secondarily this sled has an incredibly smooth, yet impressively powerful engine that just happens to be a four-stroke. The sled drives like a two-stroke on steroids. This 998cc power plant has attitude from the moment you twist the key and fire it up all the way up to top speed — wherever that may be! In a quarter mile we were consistently in triple digits very, very quickly. Cruising at 80-plus mph we could push the butterfly carbs to wide open and feel the sled charge ahead. At 100 mph the prototype test sleds had plenty of performance left. Heck at 124 mph the digits were just starting to come up slowly. There is a herd of power under the narrow razor nosed hood.

While ride time and miles were limited, the ProAction suspension system seemed to be as promised. We have liked the Viper setup and the new RX-1 rear unit seems to be able to soak up moguls well. We’ll see when more snows come our way. As mentioned before, the front end sticks extremely well.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Cmon lets not hang around in the past.........In the 80's the Pinto and Vega were  players.....where are they now??

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Hey head, I'm simply knocking your comment that Yamaha was never a heavy player and they were.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts