Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not one to pick on Yamaha because they have done alot for the sled industry. But my one complaint would have to be why Yamaha does not offer a smaller performance sled. I guess they feel that we all have the money to buy an RX or 8000 plus triple sled!!! Also if they did have a 440 sled I think they would be more competitive in the snocross market?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Long time friends of my parents traded their 500 Phazers in on 500FC Legends as they were not interested in 600LC sleds. Ski-doo's gain is Yami's loss.

I guess Yamaha figures their "idea" of the typical rider doesn't need an entry level sled.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I am sure that yamaha wants to make a name in the "Top Performance" area, as that is where all the $$$$$ is to be made, I think that a 600cc 4-stroke would be a bad idea, cats tripple 658 cc 4-stroke only puts out estimated 53 horsepower and people say that some 340's can beat it.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I also believe that if yamaha were to build a phazer type 500 cc fan cooled sled in a new more aggresive chassis that it would be a hit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts