Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a couple of Yamaha SX Viper 700 (2002's) sleds. I am looking for some feedback on these machines from anyone that has experience with them. One of them has electric start and the other does not. How important is that (is it a big deal or not)? What kinds of things can be added to these machines? Can I add an electric start and is it a costly and difficult task? What else can be added to these Yamaha's i.e. Handwarmers, etc. ? Sorry if that is too many questions :whatever:

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
no need for Electric start but nice to have

They already have the best handwarmer in the biz IMO as they are dial not switches like other sleds

I gather the one with E start is red and the other is Blue

They are good sleds,great on fuel,not the best ride but are ok,bullet proof engines

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no need for Electric start but nice to have

They already have the best handwarmer in the biz IMO as they are dial not switches like other sleds

I gather the one with E start is red and the other is Blue

They are good sleds,great on fuel,not the best ride but are ok,bullet proof engines[/b]
Excellent! Thanks for the information. You are absolutely correct, one red and one blue.

I thought of another question if someone whouldn't mind. Can this sled be ridden with two people on it and how comfortable would it be? I realize that a touring model sled would be better for two people but what is it like with two people on this one?

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
it can be riddne with 2 people like any other single seat sled

But depends on you level of comfort and distance you plan on going + do not expect it to handle like a sled with one person riding

They also have a 2up seat option for it

if you plan on getting the 2up option try to find some stiffer springs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts