Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yamahas 2 stroke program is alive and well.
The Powerplant:
The Venom is powered by a high-performance, fuel-injected, three-cylinder, 1296cc Yamaha engine. Meets 2006 EPA exhaust emission requirements.
Features include:
Electronic Fuel Injection - Computer-controlled electronic fuel injection system automatically adjusts fuel flow and ignition timing for quick throttle response, maximum acceleration, and improved fuel efficiency.
Yamaha Power Valve System (Y.P.V.S.) - Computer-controlled, electronic variable exhaust port timing for maximum horsepower at all RPM ranges with no compromise to throttle response.
Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.) - An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics.
Traction Control - To manage the awesome power of the Venom, Y.E.M.S. utilizes a traction control feature that alters fuel/air mixtures. This system enhances acceleration by reducing track spin and achieves top end performance by maintaining engine RPM.
Ceramic-plated Cylinders - Optimal heat transfer, durable, accurate and consistent bore, lightweight.
Yamaha Loop-charged Combustion - Fuel mixture actually loops as it enters the combustion chamber, which helps distribute fuel/air mixture evenly for better combustion, performance and fuel economy.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
My dealer told me about this motor, it's for a PWC.

He said that there were some engineers at Yamaha that wanted to cram it in a sled. I hope not for machzzzz1's sake.

A

·
0 Posts
I would think pwc, what good is all that hp going to do you in the trail.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I saw 'Venom' and thought "That's what the new prototype Blade is called."  So I went looked and, lo and behold, the website has been updated and this sled by Fast no longer has any reference to the Venom name.  Looks like Fast named it before checking copyright on the title 'Venom'.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
It'll end up in a sled and look out when it does. That'll be a screamer for sure. Then Doo will have to build a killer 809+cc motored ZX as they can't put a trip in the REV I bet as it is a tight fit with the 600 and 800 twin's.
Caleb

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Since they're talking about traction control to reduce track spin, sure sounds to me like they have a sled in mind for it.  

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Let's do this again....and the weight of that sled would be?

Just joking!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I will bet any one that my 809 sled will be under 500lbs!
I think that 180hp,144 studs, and 475lbs will rock.

Caleb

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
will you be weighing it when your done?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Caleb you'll need more studs than that, or you'll be left on the line.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
MXZ900,
  I know 162 or 192 is what most would run but I want it to handle great also. I'm not in it to be the quickest or fastest. I know that I'll rock 99% of those who try me whichis aenough for me. The sled has 144 in it and a 1 1/4 track. I'm not going to change it out right away. I may go to 162 studs though. I'll have a speed track set up for the ice though.. I don't have to tel;l you what the proper suspension set-up and clutching will do for a sled. And I'll weigh it at three points for weight distribution for sure. I sure hope that yam builds a killer sled will this 1300cc motor.
Caleb

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Caleb,I think you need to stretch it too 136".   It would be one pimped out pumped up gade

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I was thiinking of an xpertx136 but a highly reguarded tuner has said not to. I may just buy a gade. And I may just decide to go with the 136. I'll have to see.
Caleb

·
Registered
268 Posts
All this new tech makes me want to go back to skiing. Its much cheaper and there is plenty of babes.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts