Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for some helpfull info;

I think I may be looking for a baby sled for the little boy and girl, not too interested in the mini's with the 120cc they seem a little slow, the sno scoot would probably work better for us, besides I can get on it too for a little fun.
How are these things for reliability and upkeep, they seem a little pricey, I just want to know if I would be better with a mini 120 or scoot. The boy would be on it for the next few years he will be six in November, the girl? who knows? maybe when shes 12 lol: shes only 4. What is the top speed on the scoot? what type of clutch set is it? and can I govern the speed of this thing without effecting clutch engagement until he's ready for more umph?
btw he has not been on a mini yet!

thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
I would honestly consider getting a Yamaha Bravo. I learned to sled on one of these at about age 9 (I think its maybe a 250) and I rode it for quite a while, and it will still move me around at 240 lbs. It steers very easily. It is a one cylinder sled that sips both gas and oil. Still runs well after all of this time, light as a feather. Here is a picture, its missing the nose cone though :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
I would also go with the Bravo , the Sno Scoot was good but it's really hard to find parts for them...The Bravo is a 250 and they run forever and if you need to find parts for it, they are around new and used ...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Another vote for the Bravo 250. Top speed about 60 km/h I think and very durable. A friend has one and once in a while the big guys will get on it for some fun.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
We used Bravo on winter roads they almost went everywhere go though unreal deep snow.....started great too...and tuff

Rick

·
Registered
361 Posts
We used Bravo on winter roads they almost went everywhere go though unreal deep snow.....started great too...and tuff
Rick[/b]
I remember when I was little I used to have to break the trail around our fields on the bravo so the bigger machines could go out and play. It does seem to just float over the snow and if you do get stuck, you can easily pick her up and move her over. Of course now being a full grown (and then some) adult I use my 800 and just don't stop :tongue:

Plus I'm pretty sure I thought this was a bumper car versus a Snowmobile when I was younger (trees, cars, other snowmobiles, fences, I hit them all when I was learning) and as everyone has stated its really tough

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Boy the verdict is in!
I forgot about the bravo, the scoot does seem pricey for parts and the machine itself, plus I only weigh a buck 65 so its good for me too!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Plus you could easily attach something to limit the throttle and remove it when your son gets big enough to let her rip. Of course my Dad never did and I turned out alright :lmao:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Also the citations are a great starter sled . THeres one for sale right on this page and you can slow speed with a cable stoper . Its also a 250 with elc start.

·
Registered
361 Posts
we used to have a citation when i was younger too. it was stolen though. i always thought that the bravo was a lot lighter and easier to steer, and this is coming from a die hard ski doo guy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts