Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of the posters here have been to Yellowstone in winter?  I just came up with an idea that I think would do well to help keep snowmobiles in the park system.  If those who have the ability, create webpages of their own with the photos from their winter snowmobiling trip.  I would be more than happy to create links to these other sites off of mine.  I have already forwarded my webpage to the Blue Ribbon Coalition and given them permission to use it in any way that they can to help get the ban overturned.  The pages don't have to be anything fancy.  I set up mine in a matter of hours.

Any takers on this idea?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Wolfman~  I haven't ever been to Yellowstone but plan on in future years if it is overturned!  I would sure like to help overturn it!  Is there anything I can do?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
have been out the last three years,  just got back from there in the middle of january.   i think the park is very nice and i hope they keep it open.   however talking with the park people there it sounds like they want to shut it down.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (midnight screamer @ Feb. 21, 2002, 10:21pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wolfman~  I haven't ever been to Yellowstone but plan on in future years if it is overturned!  I would sure like to help overturn it!  Is there anything I can do?
[/b][/quote]
Yes, you can contact your state representative and senator.  Let them know about your stand on the issue.  It is time to start playing the game on the level of the envirowhackos.   They make LOTS of noise in government, and we need to make more.  Even those who have no intention of ever visiting the park needs to make noise.  This is one of the largest bans in our sport to be implimented.  Despite all of the talk regarding Yellowstone, this ban is throughout the National Park system.  What is little known publicly is that snowmobiles were effectively removed from the rest of the system as of this season.  Only the Yellowstone and Grand Teton National parks were set up with a three year phaseout.  Only the National Parks in Alaska have been exempted from this.  Winter access restrictions aren't going to stop here either.  They are going to keep systematically carving away at this sport untill it's effectively eliminated.  Click on the CNN poll if you haven't already.  The SEIS and new reglulations are going to go up for public comment soon.  I'm not yet sure of the exact time frame yet.  It would be great to have a large mass gathering of snowmobilers assembled for the public comments period to make an awesome visual show to the media, who has been trashing us at every single opportunity, as well as emphasize the point that we DO care about our sport and are united to protect it.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (highlandergerman @ Feb. 22, 2002, 12:15am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">have been out the last three years,  just got back from there in the middle of january.   i think the park is very nice and i hope they keep it open.   however talking with the park people there it sounds like they want to shut it down.[/b][/quote]
Yes, there are many that do.  There are several NPS officials in high places that are aligned with environmental extremists.  This only makes things tougher, and why the situation is where it presently is.  I only taked to a couple of rangers during my visit.  They both loved their jobs, and liked the new Arctic Cat 4 stroke machines that they were riding.  I would have to wonder though if the ones that you spoke with that supported the ban, would still do so if they knew that it was going to cost them their jobs.  They won't need a fraction of the rangers without the sleds.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Good point wolfman.  I have never been to Yellowstone but would love to go someday.  

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
the ones i talked with where at the main building in west yellow stone, and at old faithfull.  when talking with people at the resturants in the park they all seemed to like sleders, but park officals seeemed the other way,  as one of my friends heard from a park offical.   (you have to be real careful when you ride in the park,  because just last week a person hit an elk.   my buddy said ,  thats to bad how is the sleder,  well i do not know how he is but he killed that elk.)  just food for thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts