Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now is the time to help us save the park for snowmobiles, take a minute to write a letter to the park service stating you want to keep thje park open the greenies are once again using skewed sceince to distort the facts.
Also if you can send donation to Montana Snowmobile Assoc.
legal defense fund to help out, send to June Brown at POBox 4714 Missoula MT 59806 she is Treasure of MSA ear mark Legal Fund,
Thanks Marty in MT GVSA

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
You beat me to it.  Form letters can be ordered through the Blue Ribbon Coalition website.  www.sharetrails.org  Click on the "Snow tracks" banner, or look up the Blue Ribbon Magazine online.

C'mon folks, lets protect our sport and freedom.  Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have a couple ideas to add:  

Write letters to your local Representatives, Senators and Congress persons as well. Call their offices. Might as well write to the President too.

Tell them about the fun of snowmobiling, Invite them to ride with. If you get them into this activity just once they will see a different view.

Give A Gift To Your Senators And Congresspersons: A Subscription To A Snowmobile Magazine.
 They Will Read At Least One, This Way They See Snowmobiling In Full Color!

This could be a full time job. Maybe some of you can run for office. Just think, if one (or many) of the leaders from the snowmobiling industry were to take a public office.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
was just out there in jan,   i had a interesting talk with a few of the park service people and they stated that as far as they had heard they would be shuting the park down this spring,  and these gentelmen made it really clear that this is what they wanted.  just remember this,  a story that was told to us.   a lady in the park said," you have to be very careful when you are riding in the park because just last week a guy hit a elk,,    the person who she said this to replyed," thats to bad how is the guy."    the lady replyed," well i don;t know ,  but he killed that elk."   just a thought.

·
Registered
199 Posts
This is an important issue that most of us flatlanders don't think will effect us..  But it does.  Look at Picture Rocks in the UP!!!!   Take a minute and write a letter..

·
Registered
124 Posts
Snowmobiling in yellowstone is nothing like anywhere else in the country.

first off, the scenery is really cool, and the trails are nice and wide. it would be a nicer ride with out the 45 speed limit, but i absoulty understand why it is there. i highly recomend going to the park, its cool.

seccond off, almost everyone there rents, and i would asume has never riden a snowmobile before.  i see where people get there bad ideas about snowmobiling.  most people are alright, but some will ride down the midle of the trail while you are trying to pass them.. and they are going 25, etc.  there is TONES of snowmobiles in the park, its nuts. more than i have ever seen anywhere.

imo, to keep the park open, they should only rent 4 stroke sleds, and if you want to bring your 2 stroke sled into the park, it should cost another $5 or $10.  it would make many of the enviromentalists happy because of the dramatic reduction in noise and polution, and would increase revenu for the park.  

my $.02

- jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts