Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 Z400 it starts fine and idles good but when ever I am ridding the sled and give it the gas all the sled does is bogs and it acts like its not getting gas. I have checked the carbs and the gas is going to the carbs but the sled will not preform well under any load. any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Have you actually pulled the carbs apart and carefully checked the main jets for restrictions? Could be as simple as a spark plug or plug cap breaking down under load as well.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I have a 1997 Z400 it starts fine and idles good but when ever I am ridding the sled and give it the gas all the sled does is bogs and it acts like its not getting gas. I have checked the carbs and the gas is going to the carbs but the sled will not preform well under any load. any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks[/b]

Check plug gap and wires Check plug wires at night to see if theres any arching
:christmas:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have just replaced the spark plugs and plug wires and after 3 or 4 days of riding the plugs are no good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can any one give me some more pointers for things to try on this topic thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I recently had the same problem with my 580, we went threw everything all it was was my secondary clutch it had to be adjusted, thats probally what your problem is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
how many miles are on it????????
if your in or close to the 6000 range your gonna need pistons, this is a piston port engine
no reeds etc. also when the compression gets weak you lose the pulse to the fuel pump also so it may not be pumping enough fuel, check your pulse line for cracks etc.

dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts