Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys We had a poll in the ski-doo forum on what people say. Mx zee or Mx zed. Now what I was woundering is If this is decided by the way it sounds or the way you were taught. I think that Mxzee sounds better then Mxzed. On the oposite side I think Zed R sounds better then Zee R. What do you boys think?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Zed is a name of a guy that chews tabbaco,drives an old Ford pick up,has no teeth,has a dog named Jake and lives in the sawth.

When you Canucks say the alphabet,when you get to Z,do you say Zed  

Its Zeeeeeeeee  

·
Registered
413 Posts
Wow, I'm surprised of the results.  I figure it will change with more responses.  As you know from the other poll, it's a matter of the founding language spoken.  English = Zee, French = Zed

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mxz7 @ July 05, 2002, 06:09am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Zed is a name of a guy that chews tabbaco,drives an old Ford pick up,has no teeth,has a dog named Jake and lives in the sawth.

When you Canucks say the alphabet,when you get to Z,do you say Zed  

Its Zeeeeeeeee  

[/b][/quote]
yup...we say zed at the end of our alphabet

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
As in Pulp Fiction;

"Who's chopper?"
"Zed's'
"Who is Zed?"
"Zed's dead baby. Zed's dead."

Mxz7 never got into Zed's social activities

Here in the Motors, it's Zed 71, Zed 28 & Zed 62 (This was the option code for Sierra Grande pickups).

When the guys are up from the States, it drives them up the wall

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sorry Frenchies, but there is no letter "Zed" in the english language it is a "Z". Arctic Cat and GM are American Companies so the correct pronunciation is "Zee R" and "Zee 71." Otherwise Cat would have written ZED800 like EXT600. But hey, if that is how you talk so be it. But let's not debate the correct pronunciation. I read somewhere that the "Z" is the first letter of the last name of the original designer or something like that, right?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
From where I see it, it is "Zee aRe", being that AC is an American company, and that is the way that *I think* they intended it to be.  As for Bombardier, I believe it is okay to say "eM eX Zed", being that it is what I'll call a "French" company.

All in all, I think it shouldn't matter, a language is a language, if we all had the same language, Americans couldn't make fun of people.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Since there's no official language in the U.S., I think we can't say for sure if it is 'zee' or 'zed'.  'Zee' is just more common since most of us speak American.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they say 'zed' in England, too?

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mcali17 @ July 08, 2002, 1:04pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sorry Frenchies, but there is no letter "Zed" in the english language it is a "Z". Arctic Cat and GM are American Companies so the correct pronunciation is "Zee R" and "Zee 71." Otherwise Cat would have written ZED800 like EXT600. But hey, if that is how you talk so be it. But let's not debate the correct pronunciation. I read somewhere that the "Z" is the first letter of the last name of the original designer or something like that, right?[/b][/quote]
You got a good point ! since bombardier is canadian you should all cal it mach zed or mx zed !  I am glad you pointed it out like that !

Oh yeah Zed24 sounds alot better then Zee24 and yes my alphabet end's with Zed !

A

·
0 Posts
Ok guys, let's invite PurpleZRT and turn this into a war between the US and Canada.  Just kiddin'.  Hope this doesn't upset any moderators.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I say Zee  everything, but I guess I never knew anyone else said anything different.
Pronounce it how you want. It's still fun to ride 'em, either way!

·
Registered
875 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zrgreen @ July 06, 2002, 06:05am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I ride a Zee R, but if you want to ride your Zed R that's o.k. by me.[/b][/quote]
i always read your name as zedrgreen!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey, Zee, Zed, its all good. But then my question is, do you go to a Zoo to see the animals or to you go to a Zedoo?? And is your name Zack or Zedack?? Whatever... I worked with a couple of people from Canada, they think we talk funny, we think they talk funny, eh? When it comes to sledding, and  push comes to shove, we all speak the same language in the end.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mcali17 @ July 12, 2002, 3:16pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, Zee, Zed, its all good. But then my question is, do you go to a Zoo to see the animals or to you go to a Zedoo?? And is your name Zack or Zedack??[/b][/quote]
Ok that is just silly now. We are are talking about individual pronunciations not as part of a work because when you slap that Z into a word we say it the same way.  

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Boy What did I start around here?? I am suprised so many people say zee R.  Man does that sound funny. Do you guys say Zee 71 also? Like come on now. Zee 71 sounds like the girls version of the Zed 71.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts