Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Sorry for the dumb questions:

1. Is there a certain size of the zerk you need to have for snowmobiles? If so, what is the size?
2. What type of grease does everyone use for their sleds?

3. Where abouts is the zerk for the speedo on a 98 grand touring?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I use the low temp grease that Crappy Tire sells. Some of the folks on here use the grease that Amsoil makes.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I use the low temp grease that Crappy Tire sells. Some of the folks on here use the grease that Amsoil makes.[/b]
I use amsoil and have for more years than not now. I use the water resistant stuff, does not say low temp specifically. :thumbsup: many years proven, as is revrnds choice I am sure. an old wise man turned me on to this stuff years ago :) .

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Hi all,

Sorry for the dumb questions:

1. Is there a certain size of the zerk you need to have for snowmobiles? If so, what is the size?
2. What type of grease does everyone use for their sleds?

3. Where abouts is the zerk for the speedo on a 98 grand touring?

Thanks all.[/b]
There's no such thing as a dumb question. If you don't ask, you may never know.

1. It is a standard size but I wouldn't have a clue what that size is. Just whatever a standard grease gun comes with.

2. Lots of preferences there. I use Canadian Tire's full synthetic grease. It's red in colour and makes it easy to tell when fresh grease starts to come out. I'm happy with the wear (or lack there of) I see in parts I grease.

3. There is no Zerk for your speedo. However, behind your secondary clutch (The one not on your motor. That's the primeary clutch) there's a zerk that lubricates the bearing on that end of your drive shaft. You can find it by tracing your speedo cable. It connects into the driveshaft right next to your zerk that you're talking about.

I hope this helps.

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts