Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new ZL 800 EFI SS.  So what is the real deal here, has anybody rode one?  If so, is it a good sled or what?  Getting anxious to ride!!  Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
404 Posts
a little late to be wondering if it's any good or not isn't it?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I banged around on a 600 ss and it was a blast. Granted I was abusing it compared to what it's true purpose was but it h8ung with the ZR's and edge in the group. It's a great sled for a guy or gal that does 95% normal riding and only 5% or less really aggressive riding. The SS's stiffest setting is like the standard ZR's lightest setting. You can pipe and clutch it just as you would a Zr also. I highly recomend a clutch kit. The sled I rode had one in it.
Caleb

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input.  I was under the impression that an EFI engine couldn't be piped.  I've also read and been told that the suspension was a notch or two below the ZR's highest setting and a notch or two above the ZR's lowest setting.

It never to late to wonder!  If it sucks, just get rid of it and don't worry about the little stuff!

·
Registered
959 Posts
i rode a 600 and it was a blast  they have some power behind then things !!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Whoever told you the suspension calibrations were way off. The SS rear skid say has a scale from 1-10. 10 being the stiffest and the ZR has  a 1-10 scale. well the 1 zr setting is a 10 on the ZL SS.
Caleb

·
Registered
138 Posts
D&D has pipes for them. Make sure you tell them it is an EFI!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Sleddog, did more research, and my research disagrees allot more than it agrees with your post.  My research says that the rear SS suspension is basically inbetween the ZR's settings.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hmm the chart I saw at the dealers shows the SS suspension's shocks to start out about the same as the ZL's on the graff and end about 2/3rds of the way up the ZR's. So it's a little stiffer than a ZL but not as stiff as a ZR. Made for aggressive trail riding not ditch pounding I'd say. If your not hitting bumps, the shocks ride real soft giving it a ZL plush ride.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I WANT ONE!!!! stop making me jealous... LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts