Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend heard that a stock pipe from a zr 600 carb will give a performance gain on his zl500 carb . Did anyone here of this or have any ideas about it?

·
Registered
168 Posts
WOW, so does that mean that a stock pipe from a 700 will fit and give better performance to a 600? or how about a 800 to a 700? ;)

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
:withstupid: Ya better be carefull if ya try cause nest thing ya know you'll be :cussing: cause ya :hallo1: a piston or two.
Sounds like bad advice to me.

Rick.

A

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by ZR Sled Head@Nov 9 2002, 06:12 AM
:withstupid: Ya better be carefull if ya try cause nest thing ya know you'll be :cussing: cause ya :hallo1: a piston or two.
Sounds like bad advice to me.

Rick.
It's not bad advice, you just have to keep an eye on your plugs. Would it be bad advice to put an aftermarket pipe on your sled? I don't think so, this is the same thing, just a stock pipe. :sly: SWRules

Rob

·
Registered
485 Posts
Guess what the answer is yes and no.Yes it will fit no it will for shore not give better performance.Call D.D. and that what they will tell you.While on the phone order the super single for the 500 which increase your H.P. and really give you a tq. boost you can feel.With ther clutch kit ,power breather, pipe and reeds if you want it will give your cat big kick in the butt.It will also increase your gas mpg.

·
Registered
310 Posts
how much does all that #### cost. I am buyin a 99 zr 500 this weekend.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
sledcrazy i picked up a used d&d single, canister, and clutch kit for 350. I think the pipe alone is 300. I can figure out whats all in the clutch kit if you want. The helix is unmarked but I have a machinest friend that thought he might be able to measure it. Keep an eye on ebay to sometimes I've seen the singles on there. I also have a BM monoblock head I would sell you if you want can't find high octane fuel around here to run it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I got 711e.f.i kit and my brothers 98 has the pipe, reeds, power, breather, Dylton ind helix,pol weights, 5400 eng,lite weight camplast track,wahl brother hub,disc, shaft, and ets rear coupling kit.The pipe was around 440 cand, 250 clutch set up, 340 reeds, 600 for track(too 7.5 lbs over stock off),hub disc and shaft was700 can.the rear coupling kit was about 145 cand.For 500 this sled will hall butt.Tere is minor jetting change needed specaially with the breather to get the most out of it.This increased his mpg to about 14-15 can.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts