Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 ZL600 esr I bought this past fall with about 920 miles on it. This past weekend I was riding with my friend who has a 2002 ZR600 efi with 1100 miles. The ZR600 pulled much harder/faster, especially anything over 40mph and just overall quicker. The ZL600 only weighs like 35lbs heavier, so why is the ZR600 so much faster? Everything I can find is that they are the identical sled except for shocks. They are both stock sleds, but does the ZR600 have different clutch springs and weights setup? Want to make my ZL600 pull like the ZR600.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
clutching diference

56g Poo weights
yellow/White AC spring
green EPI secondary spring
57/50helix

Is what I have

engage at 4200 tops out at 8300

Awsome midrange IMO

I also have a ripsaw track

You should look up other set ups for the 600 APV

I like my set up,it might not help you but gives you an idea of what can be done

·
Registered
204 Posts
If your sled has ESR how would the pull start ZR be heaver ? I have a 03 ZL 600 efi stock and will hold it's own against every STOCK ZR I have found yet. However I don't have the ESR package. Also is your sled EFI if not that could be part of it, check your APV's for sludge buildup ?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Electric
Start
Reverse
The extra weight is the battery, starter, flywheel,shaft and reverse assembly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your sled has ESR how would the pull start ZR be heaver ? I have a 03 ZL 600 efi stock and will hold it's own against every STOCK ZR I have found yet. However I don't have the ESR package. Also is your sled EFI if not that could be part of it, check your APV's for sludge buildup ?[/b]

I said the ZL600 is heavier, not the ZR600. The ZL600 is efi also, so thats why it must be the clutch setup? Ya, I will have to also clean the APV's and see if that is OK but I have a feeling the ZR600 has a completely different clutch setup.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
That is what I said

the ZL and ZR are clutched diferently

check Brown leisure world part fische

1 - 6 of 6 Posts