Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking about getting a 2000 zr 440 sno pro ive heard that the motor needs to be rebuilt like every 1500-2000 miles is this true?  whats the hp?  thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think what's meant by "motor rebuild" is new rings and maybe pistons. I wouldn't do anything like that until it is proven that cylinder presure is below tolerance. I had my sled checked out mid-season at about 3000 miles of trail riding. Both cylinders were exactly at recommended specs. Only fix it if it needs it. Sno Pros are awsome trail sleds. Just don't jet it too lean and keep the timing pretty much at zero or "straight up".

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes this is what they recomend.  Rebuild only means new rings and, piston if needed.  But they are expecting it to be raced were they are normally driven to the max and the fact that racers want every last bit of HP possible. when doing almost any trail riding you can put more miles on it.  I would only replace rings when your commpresion drops below 110 Psi.  I think it is suppose to have 120 Psi.  And yes keep the timing at zero unless you are running race fuel. the motor is rated at 98 HP

1 - 3 of 3 Posts