Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a 96 ZR 580 and a 97 XLT 600 lined up who would win a drag?(If they were both stock)

·
Registered
269 Posts
XLT hands down...IMO :)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
oh oh oh.... I know the answer to this!!

Last year I bought a used 97 ZR580 EFI... use to have a 94 ZR580. (and I use to get beat)

My riding buddies have a 2000 ZL500, 99 ZR700, 95 ZR580, and a 95 XLT with pipes.

Now, we lined them all up at a standing start... the only sled that beat me was the 700... at the end of the strip I had the 500 and 95 580 by 6 sled length and the XLT by about 4.

Just my expirence... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
269 Posts
You should ask that ? in the polaris section and I'm guess the answers will be different...lol....580...lol :D :D :p

·
Registered
190 Posts
580 would win but if you post in polaris they would say the 600 (why wouldn't they) but we all know here what the truth is. I took a xc700 5 of 6 runs one day but I did have picks in and he had trail studs( just couldn't figure out my holeshot) SWRules

·
Registered
269 Posts
ZR580 beat a XC700....HHmm..let me get my boots , it's getting deep in here..lol :p

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sorry Oneski but on that day against that sled he could not win. How he was tuned or not don't matter he brought it out and I beat him hands down. By the way it was 1/4 mile run on ice, and I was set up very good and the xc seemed to be running good as he never made any excuses.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I would say the XLT would have an advantage, and as far as the XC 700 he must have been having a bad day!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm pretty sure my ZR 580 would win. Those XLT's arent very quick. I'll race somebody with an xlt 600 and we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We raced today in a field and this is what happened: at the first couple of feet we were pretty close. Then I started pulling away from the XLT and beat him by about 4-5 sledlengths. Did it a few more times and i just kept smoking him. The length we raced was about 750 feet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Het Chet,how much did you pay for your 580? Also how many miles do you got on it? Thinking of getting a 580,'95 '96 next year? Thanks in advance

...........Rider

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Rider... go for a 97... better ride!!

Sure its EFI but you can chip it if you want to race it!

Trust me... its a very good trail sled for the money :thumbsup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes your right, I thought about the 1997,how much is the price on them? I rode a 97 Zr580efi one time and boy that thing was awesome in my eyes. Any info would be great,ZR rider,thanks................rider

·
Registered
374 Posts
The ZR would pull the XLT of the line and the xlt would pass it with in 8OO feet. It will be close though. I had a 95 ZR580 and my brother had a 95 XCR600.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts