Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.  I was wondering what kind of mpg you are getting out of these sleds,  the carbed version and the efi.  have been considering getting one.  I was wondering how much more they burn then my zr 600 efi, or my zrt 800.  thanks

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Last year My ZR800 EFI got 10-14 MPG .....depends on how you ride. I know the EFI800 gets better than the XC700 all Ski-Doo's and better than the 700 Viper.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ARCTICZRT600 @ Sep. 11, 2002, 07:16am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">[/b][/quote]
Last yr I pretty much got around 10-11 maybe a little better sometimes but I'm either to the bar or off pretty much.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I don;t know about you guys but my 02 carb with the engine work I had done gets 15 mpg faithfully.  No matter what it gets 15.  I re jetted, advanced the timing, v-force, gutted the airbox, power breather, and milled the heads slightly, added an RT canister and put 1200 miles on it without a problem.  Raced a few stock 900 zr and they run neck and neck.  Mine is faster from the mid range up though.  900 has more low end.  I would tweak the other 800's if I were you guys.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I couldn't tell a big difference in mileage btwn my ZR and the ZRT that I traded in for it, both seem to get pretty good mileage.  The big difference I noticed was in oil consumption.  For a days run, I always had to take at least one extra qt with me on the ZRT...I can go a whole day on the ZR.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I ride an 02 ZR-800cce carb. Although I've seen  other riders report 15mpg, mine has averaged in about 10-11mpg. Mileage did not seem to improve when jetted down to 410's from the stock 430's but the sled does run crisper. My feeling is that 10-11 is closer to the "real world" numbers you should expect to see. Rick.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I rode alot w/my brother in law last year.  He has 1 and always got around 12...

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
my buddys 800 carb-zr gets great mileage,hes running 410's...

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ZR Sled Head @ Sep. 13, 2002, 03:40am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I ride an 02 ZR-800cce carb. Although I've seen  other riders report 15mpg, mine has averaged in about 10-11mpg. Mileage did not seem to improve when jetted down to 410's from the stock 430's but the sled does run crisper. My feeling is that 10-11 is closer to the "real world" numbers you should expect to see. Rick.
[/b][/quote]
Hey Sled Head,
I was thinking of jetting down on mine. So the 410's are the way to go then? I talked to the dealer and he said that I should be safe with that. Where do you ride usually, How cold has it been when you ride. I was just a little worried if its below zero. I don't want to be changing jets on the trail or something.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ArTeeCat @ Sep. 11, 2002, 4:04pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don;t know about you guys but my 02 carb with the engine work I had done gets 15 mpg faithfully.  No matter what it gets 15.  I re jetted, advanced the timing, v-force, gutted the airbox, power breather, and milled the heads slightly, added an RT canister and put 1200 miles on it without a problem.  Raced a few stock 900 zr and they run neck and neck.  Mine is faster from the mid range up though.  900 has more low end.  I would tweak the other 800's if I were you guys.[/b][/quote]
Must be the added HP and Torque. I guess it must have helped a lot to let her breathe a little eh? Let her breathe and give her more gas. I am surprised that you say the 900 seemed better in the low end. I thought your 800 would have been better. Maybe you are a little to rich in the low end or something, or maybe its your advanced timing or something. Interesting

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I rode with a guy that had a ZR800 It used between 10-12 like previously stated.  My Mach gets 9-11 so there all pretty close.  But im hard on the throttle.  

I know the Skidoo 800 twin is a fuel pig so the cat engines are getting a bit better milage.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
rfmckee, I checked plug readings down to -20C and below, well into the safe zone. I know of others running 400's at the same temps that claim their plug readings and wash look good but I figured since the 800's don't need to be on the edge to pull hard, why bother risking a burn down. Rick.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Thanks Sled Head!
Definetely gonna do the 410's then. Don't plan on riding in much below -20

1 - 16 of 16 Posts