Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother has an 02 ZR 800 CCE that he took back to our dealer for a wiring problem.Turns out that the wiring was shorting out on the bars.Turns out that that wasn't the only problem.Dealer says that when he started it he heard a noise coming from the motor.When he checked he saw that one piston was bigger than the other.Has anyone heard of Suzuki doing this before?Maybe Arctic sent out a bulliten that my dealer doesn't want us to know about.

·
Registered
416 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
he bought it new? i dont think cat would do this. there are pretty good when it comes to service and warrenty. if there was a prob. with one side they would just replace the cylinder and piston. something very funny with that if that is the case.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Normaly I would agree with you but this time there was a big push to get these things out this year.They were two weeks behind getting the line started for whatever reason.I talked the dealer where we ride and was told that Cat hasn't got any 800's left so that if you squeek it and it's junk that's the end of your season.

·
Registered
530 Posts
ZR800 where in Hamilton are you located?? and who's your dealer??

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Sounds a little shady to me...

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live in the east end.Aberfoyle in Guelph is my dealer.As far as being shady I don't know?!?!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I say its bull [email protected]&* your dealer is making it sound way worse than it is.  For one no two piston are created the same. There are tolerances that are allowed (few hundreds of a thousand) maybe the sled has one piston on each side of the scale (big deal every sled does..Ski-doo, Polaris, Yammy and Cat). Last year the fix for Ski-doo 800's was to put piston is at the max clearence ( five to seven hundreds of a thou).
MAYBE THE DEALER NEEDS SOME WORK......SLOW WINTER EH

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
In my opinion there all junk!!   And a good day riding is when it gets you home without using a rope

·
Registered
403 Posts
Here's my input-it is VERY possible...my old boss bought a new zr500 and new zr600 at the same time.

He took out the zr500 and it overheated after the first couple of miles....turns out that they never installed the water pump impeller right from the getgo from Suzuki.

I have heard of similar situations with different parts before also in the past. So, nothing suprises me with Arctic Cat.

They have forgotten parts, not tightened parts and used poor quality parts before in the past.

Case in point-I believe it for sure. The dealer wouldn't want to piss off Arctic Cat believe me. It is still under warranty-so zr800 wouldn't be getting it up the cornhole either.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I agree with you that nothing is perfect thats why we have warranty. I cant say enough bad stuff about the Summit 800 I had last but that doesnt mean that all Ski-doo 800's are junk.......Just the one I had and the 3 engines that they installed on WARRANTY for me.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes It's true they all have problems but this is a problem that you wouldn't expect to have.Agreed?

·
Registered
403 Posts
ZR800-Yeah, I wouldn't expect that either but...

My buddies wife didn't expect her chain and gears to fall off and blow out the chaincase in the middle of the trail in the keewenauw penninsula either-after a 10+ hour drive. My boss wasnt to pleased when his new sled with less than 5 miles on the odometer and it was overheating due to NO water pump impeller....then it took MONTHS to get one-all the while he NEVER rode it for the rest of the season-he DEMANDED a extra year of warranty-which they had to give him. I could go on and on but I hate to bring up these bad experiances.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have nothing nice to say so I'm not gonna say it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts