Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys like your new 800 twins, and how do you do against the MXZ 800's.  Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
82 Posts
got a 02 800 efi 192 picks, b&B elemanator, and raced my bro's 00 700, he has a little cluth work, b&b and also 192 picks, i ate him solid that day, smoked him out of the hole and right through the mid!!! very impressed!!!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Love my ZR800...first season with it, 400 miles plus and still love it.  I traded a ZRT800 and thought I might be disappointed, but not at all.  Gets up to 100 very quickly.  Haven't topped it out yet because none of the lakes were frozen a couple weeks ago, but was up to 110 or so on a couple straight trails with plenty of throttle left...was afraid of little Bambi running out in front of me!!  The trails is where this sled really shines.  Rode some of the roughest trails in my life a couple weeks ago, and never felt like I was beat to hell after I got off.  Like many of the articles say, this sled just gets better the rougher the trails get.  None of my buddies ride Doos, and the ones that ride tripple Yami's didn't go with us a couple weeks ago, so who knows what would win on a straightline, but they won't beat me on the trails.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a ZR800 CCLE with 320 miles, I love it, my buddy has a MXZ800X, his has 700 miles on it. Both sleds are bone stock, well to make a long story short, we went to Chatauqua this past weekend and had a chance to line em up on the airstrip. 4 Races, 4 wins for the Cat. I took him out of the hole and he never got beside me, won each race by 3-5 lengths. I had thought his X would take me but it just wasn't the case. I love it even more now.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Don't own one, Want one, Like all of the new stuff, I was wearing out the showroom model for our local dealer, till the owner took it away. I wish he would have left it there for me LOL. I would buy the 800 CCE EFI in green and get a black bellypan from Cat. But I will have to settle with what I have.
Settle? Right.LOL

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
800eficc, I was told not to use v-force reeds and a can at the same time, causes a lean spot on the low end. This could be where your bog is coming from.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I've got about 700 miles on my 02 now and I love it. Has anyone changed the jets from stock (breakin). I never took mine back to the dealer and was wondering if everybody is down sizing a couple sizes. It seems like if the temp is above 10 °F then she has a hard time gettin above 95 to 100 mph. The only time I had it wide open on the lake was when it was about 25 to 30 °F and she topped out at about 100 mph.

·
Registered
125 Posts
800eficc -
I have no personal experience with the efi and your setup, but I did run across this information posted on Black Magic's website from their Alaskan testing this past fall.  This is when using their cannster and Vforce's...

"V-Force Reeds worked great! But when combined with the R/T Canister, the sled had a slight lean bog when coming off idle. Not a bog that would appear to be terminal, but enough of an annoyance that we would not suggest the use of the R/T Canister along with the V-Force Reeds. You may learn to drive out of it, but some consumers would have trouble with it."

·
Registered
394 Posts
Have an O2 cat zr 800.  R/T canister, V-force, timing key, D and D power breather, gutted the airbox, Milled the heads a bit, 192 picks.  the only thing I had to do was jet up to 450 mains.  Changed to a 62/52 helix.  Have 600 miles on the sled now and have had all this stuff on it since 0 miles.  No lean bog and the sled flys.  Highly recomend this setup for the trail.  Also if anyone is interested the canister is not much louder, and saves a ton of space and weight.  The canister does not effect the jetting at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts