Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people, i had a 98 ext last year. It has the zrt 600 triple and it was wicked fast. two of my buds have a 02 xc 800 and a 00 xcr 800. up to 90 mph they could hardly get a sled length away from me. So this year i bought a 02 ZR 800 x-country with carbs. Just wondering how this will compare to those polaris rides.
thanx

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
If Both are set up correctly and the same, I'd bet on the Cat. My buddy has an 02 XC 800 and I have the ZR CC 800. We never really ran a race, maybe this year but I would have to say they are identical. To make it fair if you are of two different weights then race once and switch sleds and race again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The 800 twins will be close, but ive got a 99 800 xcr 800 that IS set up right and it will pull harder than any twin from a dead stop to well over 100 MPH The 120 MPH gauge is easily buried ridiculously easily. From my expierience the twins just dont have that "set you back" acceleration like the triples especially at lake speeds. Just my opinion guys!! SWRules

·
Registered
147 Posts
I ride with guys that have these sleds.The triple is faster past the 80mph mark.As far as the twins go it depends on whose is set up better,because stock they are all close :devil:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts