Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took my stock zr900 to the drags this weekend and did very well. I do not have it broke in very well yet I only got it warm a few times. I also still had a little premix left in my tank so that didn't help any either. But, I raced a Polaris 700 with head work, reeds, and airbox work and woopped his ###, which I should being a 900. I also raced a MXZ 800 with head work, cluthed, geared,and airbox mods and beat him even worse. Then was a ZR800 with twin pipes, cluthed, and geared, We were dead even. I was running very rich, and was not even broke in so I was very impressed. Next one is in a month So by then I will be more broke in and probably have pipes and reeds. Oh yeah, I also raced a Mach and beat him by about two sleds, he had work done but not sure what. The drags were 500 ft.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Grreat nice job ;) lol won some races and didn't even break her in yet huh lol those are some nice sleds phazerhater would love to hear this ;) SWRules

·
Registered
516 Posts
LOL :D

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
'Guess I better do a little more work to my 800 so I can keep up w/my bigger brothers...ha, ha. Good to hear you kicked some butt. Can't wait for the non-Cat guys to read this. :0:

·
Registered
516 Posts
naw don't rush em to read this Jim Fritch, let them non cat owners keep on dreamin

·
Registered
516 Posts
OH man phazerhater now ya done it :( now we're gonna get a full page report on the mach v zr900 from machzzzzz1 :( haha

·
Registered
886 Posts
Ha, Machzzzz1 will swear the Mach he raced must have had a plug wire pulled off, that's the only way one could ever loose to anything under 3000 CC's.

·
Registered
516 Posts
LOL you must know him good too? hehehe

·
Registered
886 Posts
Only from reading his posts. He obviously knows an awful lot about sleds, but he has no shame when it comes to promoting that sled. I think all sleds/manufactureres have their strong and weak points. But he's quite the evangelist, Machzzzz1 must get $500 for every MachZ sold in North America. :p

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm only going to take this with a grain of salt. There is always way to many variables and just because someone raced a few modified sleds doesnt mean that the sleds were modded correctly...often they are slower or no faster than they were stock.

Not only that, but I dont consider a 500 foot race to be anything to brag about...how about 1000 feet or a quarter mile??? Then lets see what will happen.

:hallo1:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I belive that you won some races. But beating a MACH, Please. Machz dont know how to lose. Its funny how you mentioned a few sleds and then tried to slip the MachZ in there and instead of killed or destoied you only put a few sled lengths. LOL.

I guess thats just the way it is when it comes to sleds. If you want to be the fastest you have to beat a Mach. Well I understand.

--

In reality there are a few sleds that are easier to drag with. The Mach has a lot of traction problems and are better suited for longer races. I can see it getting beating by a 900 twin. But give it some room and forget reading snowflaps (Unless you have a telescope.)

And yes, I know the owner of that Mach and he did have his plug wire off, Acually all of them were off, only reason it ran was becasue everynow and then a spark jumped the gap. :D

Ill let you cat guys get back to your dreaming Now. ZZZZZZZzzZzZZzZZ

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Traction problems....yeh, yeh, yeh!!! There's always an excuse. LOL

But Machzz1 is probably right, Mach's don't lose, they just don't finish first either!! JK

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I wouldnt even have posted here. But you guys made such a big deal about it and I love giving back to my Fans. LOL..

One things for sure the ZR900 is nothing to mess with, Its powerfull, fast and at idle will shake some sence into ya.

But the Mach .....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts