Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thing was absolutly unreal for a stock sled. Suspension tied down and studs kicked but. There was one that didn't have the suspension tied down also. they were running against crank shop big bores and FIII,Machs all the big players and beating them 90% of the time if they got the hole shot. Some times from behind. They would nailed it then lightly let off about 10/15 ft out then pin the throttle. Incredible acceleration and top end.
Caleb

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thats what I like to here, I just bought a ZR900 and am very anxious to see what it is capable of. I am going to a local grass drags in about two weeks so I guess I will find out. The only thing is, is that there probably won't be anything there stock. But, then again I guess that will make me feel that much better if I stomp on somebody.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Caleb I saw in another post were you said how the F7 did but I was wondering if there were any F5s running and how they did.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No f-5's 2were there or revs. Where are you located scratchinmyass/ there are drags at capac again in two weeks.
Caleb

·
Registered
625 Posts
I was at a grassdrag on saturday, there was on F5 that was in the stock class (with a pro driver) and it won its first round against and XCSP and a formula deluxe 500 and in the final it got second place to an MXZ 500. Close race, the Doo may have won it on the tree.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
He11 I told you guys last year that the 900 was fast :D I hope the guys who called me a liar choke on this

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To funny there! This isn't the sled we saw this spring. they really tweaked it for production this year.
Caleb

·
Registered
741 Posts
Glad to hear it. I lked to one of the guys at speedwerx Friday, he told me that the 900 has such uncredible mid range pull. I told him I put his head on and was working on pipes, reeds etc... he told me I better hang on when done. Kevin

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Glad to hear on this end too. I saw one running the lake down at big moose last march. He wasnt doing anything special against the 800 triples and the 800 twins. I know we had some discussion on this last year. They obviously must have made some changes this year. theres no reason why that sled shouldnt be ahead of the pack.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The thing flat out ROCKED!!! Why are you doing all of that already Kevin?
Caleb

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Ya right.....tweaked the early release is the same as the production. No engine changes acording to the rep......And if anybody is going to try to sell you its the boys at Cat. I will see first hand at service school in Thief River this November.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The thing was a beast out of the hole and seamed to be at shifting out fast and just flat out flying. It's going to shock alot of unsuspecting people. I'd put 800 decals and spank the heck out of guys if I owned one. what a sleeper.
Caleb

·
2,267 Posts
They almost always make changes between the two. If cat sent you the detailed pre-production release specs last year and the ones from this year there are going to be changes. Thats all part of engineering and improvement. So sled dogg if you saw a stock 900 running good then you saw something better then what i saw. Some guys took the 900 for a spin down the lake and came back saying "im glad i didnt order one" i wasnt happy to hear that.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I know they have a gear change and I am looking into the CDI. The rest is the same......Oh ya they changed the hand warmer switch ;) That should make it go better.

·
2,267 Posts
Thats not a hand warmer switch its a "Push to Win" switch... you have to look closer hahaha

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Maybe the ones that you guys are saying weren't that impressive just weren't set up right, even b-4 the changes.

Caleb, that's what I'm thinking about doing when I paint my ZR's hood soon. Either leave the numbers off or put 600 decals on it...somehow I just wouldn't feel right though whipping on someone w/600 decals. So I think I will just leave the numbers off and let everyone guess. I was also thinking of just putting the Z decals from the 500 sleds on it...decisions, decisions.

Glad to see the 900 do so well...Sled-head, don't be too cruel on those other riders out there. :D :p But if someone wants to bet you $$ to try to beat ya, don't feel bad when you take their money.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I had my dealer contact cat today to ask about the CDI maping and other performance issues Guess what .....Its like I said,no changes. So sleddog can you please enlighten me as to how the production is "TWEAKED" for performance so that I can phone all of the other unlucky 900 owners and share with them.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts