Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking on getting a 880 genesis kit for my 600 are they worth the money or are they touchy keep a wrench in your billfold kinda motor
and how good are the d&d kits

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Unless your a tuner kinda guy that enjoys wrenching your sled on an ongoing basis your moneys better spent buying a bigger sled. I know many claim these kits are a pull and go kinda deal but I've yet to see it happen.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Drewalt, we had the 640 Hooper in a 440 Sno Pro......Ran like a raped ape for about 700 miles, then blew to pieces. It was supposed to be the "Trail" Motor. I would not recomend the Hooper unless you are going to race ONLY!

·
Registered
512 Posts
My 00 600 EFI is D&D equiped. I think it's pretty fast out of the hole for a 600. Mide range and sutff it good. Not sure what the top end is on it. never maxed it out. Only complanits is it slams to go pretty hard for me. If your doing slower riding some times, it can be kinda hard on your belt. But when i am not doing alot of stop and go. I love it.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Had a 1350 PSI motor in 96'/97'. I knew nothing about tuning when i bought it. They gave a a motor that was ready to go. They knew to set it up for all conditions as I wouldn't be re-jetting. Looking back now I'm suprised it lasted as it was thrashed for 2000 hard,very hard miles on 89 to 94 octane gas.
Caleb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts