Snowmobile World banner
551 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  rcflip01 
#1 ·
I have a 98 zr600 carb model and it runs fantastic for about an hour or more of riding, then it may start running very poorly with weak spark. It will run very boggy like, and if I load the electrical, such as putting the handwarmers on or high beams, it will run even worse, sometimes completely shutting off.

When this happens, I can disconnect the 4 prong connector by the stator that connects all the sleds accessory electrical and the sled immediately runs perfect again.

My theory is that after a while of riding, a frayed wire or something gets wet and starts to short.

I took off the handlebar padding and kept the airbox loose and rode the sled until the issue came back. I then started unplugging every individual accessory hoping to find the one that is causing the parasitic draw. Eventually I disconnected everything in the handlebars and under the key and choke shroud, as well as the connector to the hood for all the gauges and headlights. Nothing I disconnected fixed the issue, but again I unplugged the 4 prong from the stator and rode it home at phenomenal performance.

Is there another plug somewhere that I'm missing? Anything else I should try?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.