Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Just joined all you snow freaks :p . I recently picked up a 02 ZR8 carb and installed a coolant gauge/temp sensor(relocated the idiot light sensor) and was wondering what sort of temps you guys are seeing? Cant wait to run this sled as I came from a 93 XLT so I would think this will be a tad stronger :D Great forums guys thanks for all the great posts...and man is the F7 crap getting old, they will be fine.

Snow is not coming......ITS HERE!!!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey expert580,,,,,,,,,,,youll love your 800, I got an 2001 zr 800 and love the thing,,,,,,,,,awesome power,very snappy. And welcome to the beautiful world of snowmobiling,,,,,,,,AKA snowmobileworld SWRules

·
Registered
442 Posts
i believe the sled's thermostat is supposed to open at about 135 degrees so anywhere around there is about right just dont let it get up any higher than about 180 or so

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well, thats real close but my stat in my "01" ZR800 is stamped 50c which I think is around 122* and I think the coolent light will come on between 180* to 190*.

Auggie

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well guys I took her out(ZR 8) tonight after getting a 5-6 in snow and the thing is just .......stable and smooth and just damn fun to ride. I noticed the temp gauge would hang tough about 120(est) and I could have it go higher, but I had to sit and idle to about 140 and then take off and it would drop right back to 120'sh. I would say that the 50 deg C is pretty close. Anyway it was a blast to say the least and I would say that most of the time the track was spinning and I wasn't even hitting that hard. 192 studs in hard pack should be ok, but in the loose stuff....forget it! Cant wait for MORE SNOW!!! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts