Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me your feedback for the ZR800 efi's.  I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy the warrenty that extends beyond the standard 1 year from the factory.  It's a 2002 left over from last year and I'm getting a pretty good deal on it.  I also know if I modify that will throw the warranty out the window anyways but, I don't plan on doing anything major maybe just a headlight cover for Mikadoo ha ha!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an '02 ZR800EFI LE. It has been a great sled. The only problem I had was a contaminated gas tank from the factory. If the sled you are thinking about getting has that problem, it is an easy fix you can do yourself. A batch of gas tanks that Arctic Cat got last year weren't cleaned out well enough at the manufacturer. This powder that was in the tank would get in the smartvalves and clog them. To fix this you need to drain the gas tank and have someone with small arms wipe it out with rags. Then soak the smartvalves in carb cleaner. I put 1500 more miles on my sled after doing this and didn't have a single problem. Other than that, it has been perfect.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Anytime you can extend a warranty I would say do it. Sleds are not like cars. They can break anytime, anywhere and most of the time without explanation. Sleds take a lot of beating and if you buy the extended warranty you dont have to worry about squeezing the throttle and hoping nothing bad happens. You never know

1 - 3 of 3 Posts