Snowmobile World banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just pulled motor from my 99 440 sno pro to install 01 zr800 motor, complete w/black magic pipes, boyesen reeds etc.
I have got to be honest, the whole thing sounded a lot easier than its turning out to be. It looked like the mounts from the 440 would bolt up to the 800 motor and the whole project would be easy, needless to say NOTHING bolts up. Anyone have any advice as to how to mount the motor?
Any advice or links would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
980 Posts
I see the chassis are different part numbers, so it may take more modification. Do you have the 800 motor mounts? It might be easier to drill new anchor points based on the 800 motor mounts and relocate the bolts. You are going want to test fit, or mock-up the install to make sure the clutches align before making new holes. That is a mod I would like to do to my 94, but I can't find an 800 motor, c/w exhaust and ignition, for anywhere near what I can get a new 580 for. Good luck, keep us posted and put up some pics.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If this turns out to be too much trouble I may sell the 800 for less than you may think, I will keep in touch via this thread

·
Registered
980 Posts
It may not be a simple drop in, but it is very doable. If you don't use the 800 motor mounts and modify the chassis mounting points, then maybe you can fab up some custom motor mounts to fit the 440 chassis. I haven't done this before, but the guys at my local dealership do this fairly regularly. They have been getting 900 EFI twins from Cat salvage and putting them in whatever they can get their hands on. There was one Z570 that was so much faster than anything else last winter! :crazy: :D :hallo1:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Go over to hardcoresledder.com

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/inde...topic=59978&hl=

This is a link to a project I did for a 2001 sno pro chassis with a 800.

The 99 chassis you have should be the same minus the body work.

If I did it over again I would have modded the cooler fitting so I did not have to mod the right rear motor bracket. Anyway check out the pics it should help you out a bit. I ended up using a 1m airbox as well that I did not show in the photos i posted.

There was another guy on hardcore that had a place in Rockford IL build him a motor plate to bolt in, I dont think I ever go the details though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much for that link it should be a huge help, I will probably get back into the project this week. The whole aluminum mount you had welded up is the way to go.

If any other info or links come up be sure to hook me up.
thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by 94ZR580@Jul 11 2005, 01:07 PM
It may not be a simple drop in, but it is very doable. If you don't use the 800 motor mounts and modify the chassis mounting points, then maybe you can fab up some custom motor mounts to fit the 440 chassis. I haven't done this before, but the guys at my local dealership do this fairly regularly. They have been getting 900 EFI twins from Cat salvage and putting them in whatever they can get their hands on. There was one Z570 that was so much faster than anything else last winter! :crazy:  :D  :hallo1:
[snapback]424284[/snapback]​
any way to contact that dealership?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Originally posted by monigripp@Aug 2 2005, 06:01 PM
any way to contact that dealership?
[snapback]426444[/snapback]​
That dealership is a long way away from you, in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, but they do have a toll free number. Riverside Arctic Cat, 1-800-914-6422. The guy you want to speak to is Al.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
A guy here had a 2001 SnoPro 440 cross country that had a little 1010cc twin :) NICE SLED

·
Registered
1 Posts
Go over to hardcoresledder.com

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/inde...topic=59978&hl=

This is a link to a project I did for a 2001 sno pro chassis with a 800.

The 99 chassis you have should be the same minus the body work.

If I did it over again I would have modded the cooler fitting so I did not have to mod the right rear motor bracket. Anyway check out the pics it should help you out a bit. I ended up using a 1m airbox as well that I did not show in the photos i posted.

There was another guy on hardcore that had a place in Rockford IL build him a motor plate to bolt in, I dont think I ever go the details though.

Any way you can post new link to the build? Cant view it anymore. Trying to swap zr 800 into 440 chassis. Any helps appreciated. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts