Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my 03 ZR900 that I picked up on monday with a 136 long track.....I actually love this sled

·
Registered
172 Posts
hey sledhead    where did you buy your sled from?   Don's Speed Parts?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I picked it up at Auto Gallery here in Regina. They brought in 2 900ZR's and 2 900 MC's.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
sled-head,
 way to go kid i be cutting grass here and you be riding tall there.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Yeah, great sled, but what's all that white stuff?

Seriously sledhead, that snow flap looks a little high.  Does the sled squat a few inches when you sit on it?  Concern would be that the flap doesn't keep enough snow in the tunnel to cool the heat exchangers.  I would be greatful to have your sled and snow  

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya Jim it does level out when I sit on it. When I had my 800 ZR short track the snow flap dragged on the snow and with the tappered tunnel it works good. All of the snow is 3 hours north of here and its really nice. I have no snow at my house either but I dont mind driving on the weekend.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
3 hours, that's just a drive and a 5 iron......we drive 10 hrs minimum.....you guys are so lucky to live close to snow.  lol

·
Registered
185 Posts
Only about 45 minutes to Old Forge NY for me!!!! The snowmobile capital of NY State.... YEAH BABY!!!  

Oh, plus living on a golf course that is open to the public is nice too, makes it easy to test out your jetting / clutching changes before you go up for that weekend ride.... no worrying about blowing a motor, or if the clutching is right or wrong.....ahhhhh talk about spoiled... LOL

·
Registered
0 Posts
sled-head - I didn't know that you could get a long track
ZR900. That's a factory option for 03? Which rear suspension
and what lug heigth do you have? I was only aware that you
could get a 1.25" short track with the Snopro. But I like
your set-up much better!  

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
For a nominal fee Maluchm, I'm sure you could get sledhead to set yours up too.....

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
O.K. sledhead. Here's a few questions. What did you pay for the 900, if you don't mind me asking? What did it cost to long track it? How is Auto Gallery for service? I would have went to Auto Gallery to buy my Cat but they tried to screw me once when I was lookin at a truck from there! That left a bad taste in my mouth! But considering the circumstances now and if other plans don't pan out, I might be lookin at another Cat and the 900 is interesting me but I would also longtrack it. Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
0 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JIM FRITCH @ Mar. 18, 2002, 3:47pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For a nominal fee Maluchm, I'm sure you could get sledhead to set yours up too.....[/b][/quote]
Set-up being the long track versus the standard 121" track.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The guys at auto Gallery are very good to me. I deal with Tom Glen and Darcy and I promise you that they will not be under sold by anyone. The service is fantastic and I didnt know these people prior this year and everyone knows who I am and treats me good. The 900 is the first carb job that I have owned and the tech showed me how to jet and all of the little clutching and gearing tricks that he knows. I came from Ski-Doo and they answered all of my questions (stupid or not). The tech.. Rick even gave me his home phone number in case I had any questions after hours.    When I installed my long track and did my first track change (on cat) he was very helpful. If you look at the picture all of the rivets I had to drill out and reinstall he lent me his air riveter to use. The guys are great there and I hope they keep it up.
As for my long track kit the end cost was about  $1200 canadian. I could of done it cheaper but the tunnel extention was acustom job from the states and I used solid rails instead of extentions(may as well do it right) and I paid around 2200 plus tax difference to go from my plain 800 to the 900 but I didnt grind them that hard either.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sweet pics
- b!tchin' sled.

With a 900, I am surprised your arms are still attached!
I bet she pulls real hard.  ENJOY!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts