Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Erlandson purple drive spring and 54 g weights stock driven,  sled revs to around 8500-8600  contantly!!  

·
Registered
307 Posts
In my sled i use a stock 600 spring arctic cat yellow green, with i believe 54 gram weights stock secondary spring in the middle hole(unless i get belt wear) and a T-cat helix they are a 57-50. From a dead stop to W.F.O it will hit 9000 for 1/2 second go down to 8600 rpm and stay there the rest of the way down the race, works good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow you guys are way over reving you engines!!! If you want the most out of your 800 zrts you should have them down around 8200-8350 rpm thats were are engines make the most hp. Stock mine runs at 8500 rpm and I want to get it down!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Actually if you are within 3% of peak rpm's thats were the power is  So on a 99 zrt 800 which is 8400 rpms even 8700 is not that high, and when ya pipe em the rev higher also,, they make more hp than torque....

·
Registered
731 Posts
The ZRT 800's that I play with are faster clutched at 8250rpm than 8400+ rpm. But not all sleds are the same, I have not had any luck shifting a ZRT 800 over 8400 rpm, It feels snappy at the higher rpm but can't get it to pull hard.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Here is what I run in my '96 ZRT800 with a roller cover. Primary clutch run Comet AC weights (58.3 grm's). Grind the tips (the very end furthest from the pivot hole) down to a weight of 57 grams, grinding at aprox. a 15 degree angle with more taken from the inside edge of the weight if you RPM's are too low.  Run Arctic Cat yellow/green primary spring and a 53 degree Cat helix with the green sno-pro spring in the secondary.  Try this first without grinding the weights as ever sled is a little different.  Run at 8200 RPM building to 8400-8500 for top speed, should be close to the middle hole.  If your shift RPM's are off try different helixs, lower angle for higher RPM higher angle for less RPM (each degree of helix changes shift RPM about 100RPM).  She hauls with this set up and it doesn't effect top end or back shift. Springs are about $10 each, helix is $24 and the weights are about $35.  This beats my kids RPC clutched ZRT800 every time in midrange and top end.  He pulls about 2 sled lengths on me off the line and by 60mph I am by him and its over.  I run an M-10 so I am sure it's my suspension's poorer traction that lets him get the whole shot on me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Here is what I run in my '96 ZRT800 with a roller cover. Primary clutch run Comet AC weights (58.3 grm's). Grind the tips (the very end furthest from the pivot hole) down to a weight of 57 grams, grinding at aprox. a 15 degree angle with more taken from the inside edge of the weight if you RPM's are too low.  Run Arctic Cat yellow/green primary spring and a 53 degree Cat helix with the green sno-pro spring in the secondary.  Try this first without grinding the weights as ever sled is a little different.  Run at 8200 RPM building to 8400-8500 for top speed, should be close to the middle hole.  If your shift RPM's are off try different helixs, lower angle for higher RPM higher angle for less RPM (each degree of helix changes shift RPM about 100RPM).  She hauls with this set up and it doesn't effect top end or back shift. Springs are about $10 each, helix is $24 and the weights are about $35.  This beats my kids RPC clutched ZRT800 every time in midrange and top end.  He pulls about 2 sled lengths on me off the line and by 60mph I am by him and its over.  I run an M-10 so I am sure it's my suspension's poorer traction that lets him get the whole shot on me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts