Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wondering of buying a zrt800 -95...Is it a good sled?
What to think about??

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have a 99 ZRT800, and i have been told that the 95 are the fastest ones out there, i don't believe it myself (weight difference), but i believe the where a pretty good sled.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
The '95 800's are great sleds for racing and dragin'.  They aren't all that trail friendly in the rough stuff, but what the chassi lacks in suspension, you gain in racing.  They hook up better and are the choice for racers.  If you are looking for a trail sled I would go with a newer one, but if you race, go for the '95.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Had a 95' ZRT 800.. Loved that machine but what a number it would do on your back in the bumps. I could really get that sled to jump in the turns though. I agree the 95' was one of the fastest. I have ran against stock 99's and blew them away.... maybe its because i weighed 120 i dont know. I agree nice sled for drag set up but if you want triple power and trail friendliness go with a 99 and up.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Actually 96 will be back friendly if you but the ETT kit for it that;'s around $150us.
Caleb

A

·
0 Posts
95 ZRT800 and 96 ZRT600 had more power then the next production year they lowered the HP.  HHMMMM.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
So that's why I liked my '96 so well...probably should have held on to it...traded it last year w/about 2000 miles on it, mint condition.  THe dealer I traded it to didn't even have it for a week b-4 someone bought it, that was last Sep.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I have a 95 and love it. I have no problems on the trails, havent had any back pains from riding on bumpy trails, I need to do some clutching on it (never been done), fast fast fast.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Thanks AZ600, but if I get another ZRT it will be a leftover new one.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I talked to the owner yesterday and got some more info:
Power raised to 170hp
Both single and 2-up seats
New track and pistons
Carbs calibrated and reeds installed
I've got an pic too:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Had one for 7000 miles,  great sled only had to fix the stator.  wish i had not sold it.  Got a 99 love the sled but a bad motor in it.   the ett is the only way to go.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This weekend or next week it will be delivered

Got more pics:

Ps. Check the texts on da hood!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts