Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend of mine is gettin a little cocky with his edge and thinks he could totaly blow a zrt 600 out of the water i personally think he couldnent and since theres no snow what would the result be??

forgot to mention...(edited) the sled has tripple pipes and a clutch i believe its a bm clutch

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Properly set up I would call it a toss up in 500 ft to 660 on the lake I give it to the zrt. They are both strong running machines and close to the same power to weight ratio I believe. If you are talking ditch banging and hard twisting trails I give it to the edgeX. It all depends on the conditions. I had a prox 600 and have run with 97,96 zrt 600 and the zrt had a bit more top end but the pol 600 was very strong and would run with the zrt till you hit the real long stretches. good luck with your competition thing you have going.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Here is my personal results.  As most know, my '97 zert 600 isn't exactly stock and I raced several guys at once, one of which was a 600 edge-x.  He "claims" to only have clutch work done and reeds, but I think he did some head work.
 Anyway, he had the hole shot like a MO-FO!  He had me by a sled and a half at roughly the 600' mark.  By about 700' we were about even, and beyond that I slowly walked away from him until we were over 90mph, then the zert top ended it big time.
All in all, the pro-x is a great ZR style ditch banger with good aggresive suspension and is realy good out of the hole. The zert shines on fairly smooth, wide trails, and truly shines on the lakes and long straights.

BTW the overall winner in our little run was a heavily modded SRX that top ended me for those that care.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Phazer ! you got spanked by a SRX  
 i think its time for you to bring the sled in at work and have the engineers play with it a bit ! if they can make a make a plane fly im sure they can tweak your kitty and make it fly !  

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Why are you suprised that a zert 600 got spanked nty a SRX? they spank the 8's stock! Let alone a worked SRX. You can get 180hp out of a SRX very easily and that will spank you tuned right.
Caleb

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Sled Dogg  Srxs dont spank 800s stock,  Maybe some twins but the 800 triples are untouchable from the SRX unless there highly tuned.  If the 800 is running ok it will beat it.  

For this race i would put my money on the ZRT

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Sorry Sleddog, I have to agree w/MachZ on this...my '96 ZRT800 stock took my buddy's '98 SRX every time, he-he.  It seemed like he hooked up better, but that infamous ZRT mid- and top-range would make up for his better hookup every time....God I miss that rush.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
My buddies 2001 SRX is i think even stronger then the 98s but i still beat him by a distance good enough to not bother having a rerace.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
The SRX can and willtake a zert 800 not a Z 809. The SRX has a tad more horses and rpm's with less weight to boot! I'm not saying it'll win by alot but close enough. Now ths is if the clutching is spot on mind you. And not the newer 150+hp Zert 800.
Caleb

·
Registered
413 Posts
My first thought was I had a stock 98 ZRT and my buddy had an 01 edge x.  He a 1/2 sled lead out of the hole I could catch him by 50 mph, and by 90 mph I was slooooooowly crawling away.  I figure with an older ZRT and a newer EdgeX that the Edge would have the "edge" ha ha.  Not by much.  And I am talking stock to stock, guarunteed.  But after seeing the results, I was surprised, but it does make sense.  Even up, the trip-trip will walk away on top end.  I just thouht the difference in techno and weight gave the go ahead to the Edge.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DanR @ Aug. 14, 2002, 07:38am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Phazer ! you got spanked by a SRX  
 i think its time for you to bring the sled in at work and have the engineers play with it a bit ! if they can make a make a plane fly im sure they can tweak your kitty and make it fly !  
[/b][/quote]
LOL  I wish the mechs. knew how to tweak sleds, but afraid the military decided to keep that out of the schooling..haha  and ya, that SRX put a hurtin on me, but it was expected.  I have no problem getting beat by bigger cc sleds. It's when you get those little 440 sleepers that wax your butt that hurts!LOL

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
The 00' SRXs are the quickest out of the factory thus far for Yam. Just some clutching and they can be a real demon. Go to the drags and the SRXs are dominant in the sotck tripple/ tripple classes.

We have a couple on our lake that I can get with the ole' MXZ, but it isn't easy. It took some work. Anyone remember what was the quickest sled at the AmSnow shootout last year?

ANyways, getting to the post, The 97 ZRT6 was the quickest stock ZRTs out of the box. I have a couple of friends who traded there 97s for 99s or 00 and wich they never did. Even the APV sleds aren't so quick. Twist these motors 9300 and it will be fast.

The XC600VES is a hot engine when tuned right, they have BAD jetting from the fact. Tune it and they are competitive.

HP wise, both sleds should be at about 110HP stock, I think the Pol might even have the edge by a couple, and it is about 40 lbs lighter.

It will come down to how tuned they are.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well as soon as we get sum snow or heavy frost  or somone defrost their freezer ill let you know how good i do hehe it will prly be around the 2nd weekend in jan up in hurley  so if anyone want to watch me ill let you know where we will be

danny

1 - 14 of 14 Posts