Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost feel embarrassed to post this but after almost a full season with my 01 ZRT and 2200 miles logged of which I was not impressed at all with the performance, I took the sled to the dealer this week. Turns out the powervalves had been installed upside down. I felt the difference immediately when I loaded it onto the trailer yesterday. I can hardly wait to try it on the trails now.

The only thing that's left to do now is of course argue with cat that they should pay for this. My dealer's not to hopefull but he will try. Worst comes to worst, it's about $120 U.S.

Anyone else had this problem? Also could this have done damage to the engine of any kind?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have heard of this one other time. One side was upside down. Motor would rev out all the way. No motor damage was done. The valves won't reach far enough to contact the pistons. If they could you would definately notice when they hit. I would say the motor is fine. I do think cat should pay for the repairs. If the sled is out of warranty they probably won't. Hope you have some better luck in the future.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
The Shilts Cat drag racers wired there power valves so they were open all the time, otherwise th 01 was slower than the old non powervalvers.
 So much for technology.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts